We started working alongside Cliff McDowell (the film’s producer) back in 2014 when The Masked Saint was going to be shown at the Sudbury Film Festival. Since that time, The Masked Saint movie won Best Picture at the 2015 International Christian Film Festival!
We’re really excited to be working alongside Cliff and Cineplex Entertainment Canada in spreading the word about the first Canadian-made faith film, hitting Canadian theatres on January 15, 2016.
About the Film
Based on a true story, The Masked Saint follows the journey of former professional wrestler Chris Samuels, who retires from the ring to settle down as a small town pastor. When the pastor witnesses rampant problems in the community, he decides to moonlight as a masked vigilante fighting the injustice. While facing crises at home and at the church, the Pastor must evade the police and somehow reconcile his secret, violent identity with his calling as a pastor. Inspired by true events, The Masked Saint is based on the highly popular book of the same name by Chris Whaley. It was filmed entirely in Northern Ontario, and features icons of the screen like Diahanne Carroll and ‘Rowdy’ Roddy Piper alongside stars Brett Granstaff and Lara Jean Chorostecki.
To learn more about this awesome movie, click here.
What We’re Doing
- Developing a uniquely faith market and general market public relations strategy, including the development of a custom, premium press kit
- Doing media outreach to both mainstream and Christian market TV, radio, print and digital outlets in order to secure coverage
- Coordinating and hosting three-five influencer/media screenings in key Canadian cities
- Engaging our Graf-Martin Communications Canadian, faith bloggers to spread the word, digitally
- Reaching out to high-profile Canadian influencers in support of the film
- Reaching out to our (opted-in) list of Canadian churches with a targeted e-mail marketing strategy
- Creating, promoting and running a digital street team campaign that encourages our network of Spark team members to spread the word about The Masked Saint at different levels (online) to win great prize packs
- Designing and implementing a geographically and demographically targeted Facebook, Instagram and Twitter ad campaign specific to the Canadian, faith market