What personally identifiable information do we collect, and how do we use it?
* Registration. If you do give us your information, we will collect certain registration data from you, including your name, e-mail address, handle, and other information. We use this registration information to operate our services, track projects, monitor user activity, maintain discussion forums, and otherwise to improve our web sites. Also we may display some of your personal information (e.g. your name or handle) to other users, such as when you are the leader of a project, or when you post messages on discussion boards. We will not display or share your e-mail address with others unless you expressly permit us to do so (opt-in).
* IP Address. An internet protocol (IP) address is a unique string of numbers that is assigned to your computer by your internet service provider. Web servers automatically identify your computer by its IP address. We collect and use your IP address to operate our services, track your usage of the site, to manage forum posts and content and database modifications, to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our sites. We may also display your IP address to users of our sites when you use our services. Your IP address also may be used to gather broad demographic information.
* E-mail. If you register with our site and you elect to receive e-mails and news from us (opt-in), we may send you e-mail messages with news and information. Even if you do not elect to receive (or opt-out of receiving) news from us, we may use your e-mail address from time to time to contact you about your account.
* Special Contests or Promotions. We may occasionally present a special contest or promotion, which may or may not be sponsored by another company. To qualify for entry in such contest or promotion, we may ask you to provide personal information. If we plan to share your personal information with a sponsor(s) or with others, we will provide a statement to that effect in the contest or promotion terms.
Who do we share your personally identifiable information with?
However, we may disclose information you provide if required to do so by law or if we have a good faith belief that disclosure is necessary to (1) comply with the law or with legal process served on us; (2) protect and defend our rights or property; or (3) act in an emergency to protect someone's safety.
* As we develop our business, we may buy or sell assets, and, depending upon the transaction, your personally identifiable information may be one of the transferred assets. In the event that we are acquired by another company, your personal information may be part of the assets transferred to the acquiring party.
How can I update my profile?
* Please maintain the accuracy profiles by notifying us when you change your address, title, phone number or e-mail address. If at any time you wish to update your information or stop receiving communication from us, you may visit the registration page.
What about kids & personally identifiable information?
* Our sites are not directed to children under the age of 13. We respect the privacy of parents and children and are committed to complying with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act ('COPPA').
* If a parent believes that his or her child has provided us with personal information, he or she can contact us via e-mail or postal mail as listed below. We will promptly delete the information upon learning that it relates to a child under the age of 13.
* We believe that parents should supervise their children's online activities and consider using parental control tools available from online services and software manufacturers that help provide a kid-friendly online environment. These tools can also prevent children from otherwise disclosing online their name, address and other personal information without parental permission.
What else should you know about your privacy?
* Security. We have security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. These security measures include a firewall to prevent unauthorized access to our systems. Although we will exercise reasonable care in providing secure transmission of information between your computer and our servers, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to us over the Internet and we accept no liability for any unintentional disclosure.
Feel free to contact us
if you have a particular question about this or need special permission.