Singing A Melody
Inside the Acorn – Week 6
This week involved A LOT of work in Cision and preparing radio contact spreadsheets. They’ll be used to pitch radio stations on one of our authors and her new book in the fall.
In more exciting news, it’s Mel’s birthday today, Friday! After we decorated her desk with balloons and Muppet-themed decorations, I decided I would dedicate this Inside the Acorn post to introducing Melody Reese.
When I first started at Graf-Martin Communications, I asked everyone a mini-series of interview questions to get to know the team members better.
Here we go!
1. What are some of your pet peeves?
a) Being late
b) Eating at restaurants that don’t serve Coke products
2. What is your favourite part about raising two teenagers?
The conversation. They are great thinkers, interesting and funny. They also have a fantastic view of future thinking- they know there are so many possibilities out there for them.
3. What is your favourite food?
Popcorn of any kind.
4. What is your guilty pleasure? (TV show, book, magazine or movie)?
I absolutely love reality TV. My favourites are Survivor and the Amazing Race.
5. Coffee or tea?
Both. It depends on the time of day. I have coffee in the morning, and then drink tea the rest of the day.
6. What is your favourite song or artist?
I’ll say Steven Curtis Chapman or Bon Jovi. This is a hard one, I love so many!
7. iphone or Blackberry?
Blackberry! We’re a Blackberry family.
8. What is your favourite holiday?
Easter. I love Easter cream eggs!
9. If you were stuck on deserted island, what 5 things would you bring with you?
a) My Bible b) My favourite books c) A notebook and pen d) Pictures of my family and friends e) Toilet paper….hey, it’s a necessity!
10. What do you like best about your job?
I love that I get to work in the book and publishing industry. I also love learning about the different authors we get to work with.
11. What’s in the trunk of your car?
A lot of booster cables.
12. What is your favourite part of summer or the summer plan you’re looking forward to the most?
Every summer, for one week we rent a cottage in the Muskokas. That’s what I’m looking forward to the most.
13. What is the worst summer job/part time job you’ve had?
The worst part-time job I’ve ever had would be being a day camp counsellor. Babysitting is a close second.
14. Do you have any hidden talents?
I can play the piano!
15. Do you have any phobias?
I’m terrified of spiders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
16. What was the best vacation you’ve ever had?
The best vacation I’ve ever had would definitely be when I went to Hawaii in 2008 with my hubby and kids.
17. Tell me an odd or unique fact about you?
When I was 12 years old I appeared on a local TV science show. It was based out of the Ontario Science Center. I got to do experiments, conduct interviews and demonstrations. I can’t remember the name of the show, I wish I could…..but I’m famous!
Mel is awesome and it’s my hope that after reading her answers that you’ve gotten to know her a little bit better too. Stay tuned for more team interviews!